Responsibilities of the Group Committee Members
Each group committee should have members with some preferably having the research orientation and the others having the practice/industry/entrepreneurship orientation. FYI, we would not only have committee members from colleges but also youth experts. From this group committee, 2-3 group coordinators would be chosen eventually based on their involvement in the initiative. The role of the Group Coordinators would be to divide the below mentioned responsibilities among the committee members and to help us in overall execution of the initiative. Some basic duties that a Group Committee Member are:
1) Writing article for your respective group and post it on the group(at least once a week). This will help in writing the content of final report. Good articles will be put on the articles page regularly by Group Coordinators.
2) Starting discussions on the discussion forum and checking the discussions from time to time to extract the relevant information for the short-term goal of coming up with the Energy Technologies Vision 2035 report for that group.
3)Please invite members registered to the Google group discussion forum from time to time (at least once a week) for discussing the scenarios of your respective group.
4) Getting the interested students added to your group from all around the world for better collaborations. The publicity team would be actively involved at their level as well.
5) Organizing meetings among the committee members from time to time for continual improvement of the group (through Skype, etc.) and discussion for writing final report.
6) If possible, conducting events/ seminars/ workshops for the larger benefit of the group.
9) Prepare 1st draft of the report for your group by September 30th and the 2nd draft by October 15th.
For meeting these objectives:
1) We would definitely support you in every way that we can.
2) You would have the freedom of choosing what is best for your group.
3) You can fulfill these responsibilities from anywhere in the world.
4) If you are interested in having a research/ industry/ entrepreneurship related career in that group, then the group coordinator roles and responsibilities would not be anything extra that you have to do. You would in fact get to interact with the like minded students/ experts under one roof. So, the time commitment would not be much that way.
We would just like to know if this is something you are interested in and would be able to commit yourself to till this October. Please go the Contact us icon on the menu, hover over it, go to join us link and fill in the nomination form or you can directly access the nomination form here: Group Committee member Nomination Form , if you are interested and also, tell us the group(s) that you would be interested in joining as a committee member. The list of groups can be found at: https://etvision2035.in/framework. We would get in touch with you shortly about the next steps.
You will be receiving a certificate from Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC), Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India for your participation in the initiative and making it a success.
Approach for Report Compilation for each Group
1. What all does your sector consist of? Your definition should be consistent with international Energy Agency definitions at http://iea.org/stats/defs/defs.asp
2. Present status of the technologies use in your sector for India.
3. Innovative ideas/ Latest Research in your sector all over the world. How can these ideas/ research improve India’s energy sector in 2035? What should we do now to ensure that in 2035 this idea has the required impact? (Ex- Investment in R&D, Policy changes, Awareness, etc.)
4. Please portray different scenarios under which if these innovative ideas get materialized, what would be the impact on the Energy Sector for India for 2035? You can use timeline in steps of 5 years as well (2020, 2025, 2030, 2035). You can also use space (North, South, East, West India) for analysis. You can use social, environmental, economic, regional dimensions to show the impact.
Note: The article published by the youth need not be technical. They should be creative and innovative. All the articles received should be acknowledged and should be posted on the website along with the author’s name in the report.
Responsibilities for Ambassadors
1) You will be responsible for distribution of invitation mails to all your college mates for expansion of the initiative.
2) You will be our representative in your college and would be dealing with all the permissions that are required for the publicity.
3) You will have to receive posters sent by us and put it on you college notice boards.
4) You will have to invite people to participate in the competitions which be launched later.
5) You will have to organize one informal session in your college to make people aware about the initiative.
If you fulfill all these responsibilities and at least a minimum of 40 members join this initiative from your college, you will receive a certificate from Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC), Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India at the end of the initiative. Please go the Contact us icon on the menu, hover over it, go to Join us link and fill in the nomination form or you can directly access the nomination form here: Ambassador Nomination Form